June 17, 2008

Got Room for 1 More?

Something I really admire about my roommate Luke is his fearlessness. Some people might say that Luke really needs to censor himself more, or maybe if he felt awkward it would help him - but no - he doesn't and just goes ahead with amazing projects. I remember thinking once about John Kovalenko and how people flock to him, because in many ways he expresses feelings and emotions which many of us are afraid to express. We watch opera and think 'gosh how overly dramatic' - but are drawn to it none the less, why? Because sometimes our insides are bursting with an aria - but we censor it.

Censorship of self, can be good - but I give you an amazing example of Luke's fearlessness. Luke, yes, is gay, and there was a boy that he loved - however said boy already had a committed lover. Not letting this deter him, Luke figured, why not polyandry? And hence the powerpoint - yes the powerpoint of seduction .

Got Room for 1 More

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, that's amazing!

I love "Imperfectly yours, Luke."

lia said...

no way! i love everything about a person who can overstep all conventional bounderies and just say - hey!

A and O said...

This was intensely entertaining. And so informative. I had no idea polyandry was making a modern resurgence!

And this blog is sort of polyandrous in a way because I love you all!