June 16, 2008

the beauty of impermanance...

"when i make a work i often take it to the very edge of its collapse. and that's a very beautiful balance" - andy goldsworthy


to me this beauty has everything to do with the risk rooted in every creative impulse. this clip moves me so much. i think we have all thought similar things but watching him so quiet, thorough, and connected building this lovely portal-nest, makes me remember why my heart beats everyday.




(thelms--this docu will always make me happy, not for obvious reasons, but because that is where we first hung out)

2 comments:

A and O said...

Such a good film--my favorite part is the red pigments he throws in the river.

This same director did another excellent documentary called 'Touch the Sound' about deaf percussionist Evelyn Glennie. You should definitely check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

Unknown said...

oh i will definitely check that out!!