September 15, 2008

John Denver and the Muppets

If there was anything that summarizes my family and my upbringing it would be John Denver and the Muppets. Both are loved wildly by everyone in my family and together there's nothing better. I road my old blue bike this morning to work and listened to John Denver, and for a moment I felt like I was back out camping with my family.

There are many folk singers I love, but John Denver will always have my heart, probably mostly because of nostalgia. It's the only music that everyone in my family, all 12 of us can agree on, and since Amy spoke of her ache for the sea, I'll say that almost nothing makes me miss the West more than John Denver. Can I please sit with him and the Muppets singing around a campfire?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH EM GEE. this is SO beautiful!

molly said...

i had the same childhood experience. Every year I listen to John Denver & the Muppets' Christmas Album. Delightful.