January 20, 2009

Ode to Stephen Fry


Now life on the Thai-Burma border can be a bit ominous at times, especially when working 80 hour weeks. Thankfully though, there is Stephen Fry, and particularly his new podcast. Now I was exposed to the grand thespian Fry at a young age thanks to my Texan family's love for British cinema, and my love for his witty self grows exponentially. He is more than an entertainer he is a maestro of modern society and thought. You must listen to his latest podcast on language, absolutely made my day. Listen to it here

“Language is the universal whore that I must make into a virgin.” Karl Kraus


3 comments:

joojierose said...

you NEED to youtube 'fry and laurie' - it is how both stephen fry and hugh laurie started out, they did comedy sketches together. um, amazing.

Unknown said...

oh i love this so, so, so much!

Amanda said...

Deeeeeelightful!