December 20, 2008

Funktional Art: Lighting up Thailand



I first met Tor Larp (also known as Hern) three years ago when I stumbled into his little shop off Nimmenhennen road in Chiang Mai. I found him again today randomly, and once again enjoyed a long talk with him about art, life and more. He really believes in "Funktional Art", so there are lamps that are part of paintings, art work imbedded in the most amazing journals, and so fourth. Recently his home which he designed all himself, was featured in a home design magazine in Thailand - and it seems the most creative space I've ever seen. I'm posting a few pictures, but see more here. He is also turning his gallery into an art space for people and a good community spot. My new goal in life is to be best friends with him.



2 comments:

Amanda said...

Holy smokes that is inspiring! Why NOT surround yourself with beautiful things that are also functional? Wow. I just renovated the little dream house in my head...

Unknown said...

OOOOH!!!!! i am now completely rethinking lighting.