July 21, 2008

Julia Mavimbela

So many years ago my mom was getting worried about me and one day gave me a book on talks from Womens Conference, and of course the one I read is from an amazing South African sister, Julia Mavimbela, who has been a fuel in healing her people.

I ran across this quote again and thought I would share it:

"I give thanks to God that he has made me a woman. I give thank to my Creator that he has made me black; that he has fashioned me as I am, with hands heart, head to serve my people. It can, it should be a glorious thing to be a woman. It is important for women to be aware of their common lot. It is important for women to stand together and rise together to meet our common enemies - illiteracy, poverty, crime, disease, and stupid unjust laws that have made women feel so helpless as to be hopeless."

No comments: