March 6, 2009

So I have been reading Nietzsche for 6 straight hours...

So when I found out that the theme of 2001: A Space Odyssey is really called Thus Spoke Zarathustra after N.'s cryptic, apocalyptic novel of the same name, I might have listened to it about 10 times in a row. After years and years of ignoring of a zillion measures of silence, the composer had the good sense to give the timpani a solo. Bless Strauss's kind-hearted soul.




And then, because I am at school at 9:30 on a Friday night, I listened to a lot of Debussy. Cause there are few things to keep me sane now that I have devoursed my entire canister of salt and vinegar Pringles, my diet coke, and my vanilla wafers.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are such a good grad student! and know that the timpani fully <3s you for your shout out! that debussy was gorgeous. i am writing an essay on erik satie right now. i love those parisian eccentrics!