August 19, 2008

WHAT THE SLACKING!??!?!

So sad. Anyway I have just arrived in Iowa and these are the things that matter: I got a free desk but it was disgusting. So I put some pretty sea foam green shelving paper on it and a nice bamboo placemat and one painting by ashmae and one illustration by lia kim. And I feel so much more at home. ashmae's painting is of a migration of birds. It is small enough that I can hold it in my hands. lia kim's says this:

"(i do not know what it is about you that closes and opens; only something in me understands the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses. nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands)"

-e.e. cummings

thank you. i am so glad to have such friends. 

1 comment:

lia said...

i think that same gratitude goes around... and around... and around....

i'm so delighted to see the next, less transpacific and more transcontinental saga of our blog!