September 15, 2009

Astor Piazzolla: So Hot.

He plays a mean bandoneon. He wed tango and jazz. He collaborated with Jorge Luis Borges. He had me at Libertango.

(This one kind of jumps in a second or two into it, but it's Yo Yo Ma. And therefore Awesome.)


(The one below is about the fastest I've ever heard the Libertango performed, and I don't like it as much as the versions that keep the bandoneon/accordion sound in there, but this one is tootally worth watching, just for the conductor (see 1.35 and you'll know exactly what I mean). Hoooly smokes.)

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Amanda, I have never heard this gorgeous song, and i can not get over a) he richness of the yo-yo version nor b) that conductor's amazing look. i have never seen a conductor so effectively direct with merely the look of his face!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!! i am dying of joy right now!